While watching the video, it sounded like he was just attacking the large companies for their business. I highly doubt that all they do is protect their own interests although I am sure it still happens. He seems to just disregard any good that they may actually do. At the same time however he does bring up some good points, there are companies who do just what he was saying, lobbying congress and screwing people over just to protect their own interests. But above all this there is one thing I did not hear from him; proof. All of his comments and words seemed like pure conjecture. At the same time, even if someone wanted to prove him right, how do you do it? How do you back up statements like that? You can't. It is that simple.
I also personally believe that the most convincing and effective way to give a speech is calm and collected. The entire time he was going on this tirade he came across as a crazed old man which I believe in the end actually detracted from his overall point. In the end I believe George should stay away from topics like this because he is a comedian. His job is to make people laugh not to spew his personal political and societal opinions.
No comments:
Post a Comment